3 Replies LAST POST: Nov 23, 2011 3:46 PM by rugby13 Override: None

micoach app on my nokia N8 in combination with the Pacer

I'm thinking of buying the pacer from Adidas so I can train better with the heart rate monitoring.

I already use the Nokia app.

But how does the pacer interact with the nokia app??

• |
  • Re: micoach app on my nokia N8 in combination with the Pacer

Hi Lex,

The two miCoach products Pacer and App (Nokia, iPhone, Android or BlackBerry) are completely separate and do not interact at all with each other.

If you have both products then you can use both and then combine some of the data on the website. This works as follows:

• Use the Pacer as the main device with the plan and the App in free mode
    • The Pacer will record all the data with heart rate and pace
    • The App will record the route and other data based on GPS
    • Synchronize both devices after the workout
    • Go to the website and save the route from your App workout
    • Apply the route to the Pacer workout
    • Delete the App workout to avoid the duplication of workout stats

After this you will have a complete workout with heart rate, pace and route.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Rugby13

Your miCoach Team

• |
    • |

Rugby13,

Thanks for the answer.

But is the sync info from the pacer and the route from the Nokia app accurate?

I think it would be nice if the pacer could be connected with the Nokia app. Maybe something to think about to develop in the future.

But does the app works with a heart rate monitor (bluetooth??) If I look in the app under Coaching & zones, it says that the coaching method is heart rate. (as I entered in the website)

I'm now using sportstracker where that is possible. but I like the Mecaoch better with the training possibilities.

• |
      • |

Hi Lex,

Thanks for the feedback.

In answer to your question - the sync data from the Pacer is generally very accurate - the data from the Stride Sensor is 93%-95% accurate out of the box and 98% when it is calibrated.

The GPS data is dependent on more things but this is also generally 95% accurate - especially when no coaching feedback is required and it is in Free Mode.

At the moment Heart Rate training is not possible for the Nokia, Android or BlackBerry Apps - this is only possible with the iPhone App used in conjunction with the miCoach CONNECT for iPhone and iPod - this uses ANT+.

Unfortunately, I don't have any info to share in regards to when or if heart rate training will come to the other Apps but I would suggest following posts from Jon Werner, who is the guy in charge of App development.

He will give updates about things to come.

If you need further info just let me know.

Cheers,

Rugby13

• |
        • |