31 Replies LAST POST: Mar 18, 2014 7:58 AM by chingcy Override: None

iPhone 5 and speedcell ????

Does anybody know if you purchase the pin adapter for the iphone5 if it will work and sync with the app?

• |
  • Re: iPhone 5 and speedcell ????

Same question for Adidas Heart Rate Monitor? Do we need an adaptor? Will the adaptor work? Or will there be a new Connector for iPhone 5 released? Or perhaps a new device that works through bluetooth only?

Thanks,

Jess

• |
    • |

HI Guys,

Currently, the CONNECT is not compatible with the iPhone 5.  The pin adapter might work for some people, but it is not officially compatible. 

@jessgsd, yes, you need to have a CONNECT dongle in order to use either the heart rate monitor, the stride sensor or the SPEED_CELL. 

Right now we do not have any further info but when we get any updates, we'll announce them pronto.

regards,

RocknRun15

I have wondered this same question and this seems to be the only place that provides any information.  We need a solution to this issue if the adapter doesn't work...  The worst part if it doesn't work is that it is impossible to buy the usb connect solution without rebuying the speed cell here in the US, so we'll be dead in the water (and past interactions with support have gotten me nowhere on dealing with any of these issues).

As for the adapter, mine will be here today and I will test speed_cell functionality and report back as soon as I have a chance to try it.  Lets hope it works!

• |
    • |

UPDATE: The adapter appears to work with the Connect device.  It locates the connect, and allows you to pair with the speed_cell.  Without a workout to sync, I can't try syncing yet, but I will try it after soccer matches tonight.  This appears to be a viable solution until a lightning connect or a bluetooth speed_cell is made.

Workouts do sync with both the smaller adapter and the adapter that is a short cable (which is more compatible with certain iPhone 5 cases).  Now we just wait to see what Adidas is going to do about their miCoach system...  My hope is for low power bluetooth, but a lighting connect adapter for ant+ would be ok for now.

As for "official" compatibility, who cares what they say officially... The adapters work, the apps work, the syncing works, and the upload works... I've even tried playing some of the games included in the sport official apps, they work as well.

I have not used my Speedcell in some time and used to sync with an iphone 3gs (successful most, not all, of the time) just bought a new battery for it and tried to sync with my iPhone 5, though the short adapter... NO GO... can't even get the device to pair with the 5!  I've tried the soccer app, the micoach app, the running app (all successfully synced/paired in the past), and the multi sport app.  Unsuccessful on all.  No reply from support!  Adidas = frustration!

• |
    • |

Hi ratherbeinmaui,

Thanks for reaching out regarding this topic.  As for your case with support, they have contacted you since the writing of this post.  Just wanted to clarify this for other users out there regarding the use of the iPhone 5(S)&(C) and the Lightning adapter.

​After the latest multi-sport app update (2.0.2) the combination of miCoach CONNECT + Apple Lightning adapter for SPEED_CELL™ ANT+ used on iPhone 5 (or 5S, 5C, iPod 5G, iPad 4 or iPad mini) won't be recognized anymore by the multi-sport app. This is an expected behavior.

The compatibility with the Lightning adapter was never 100%.  Therefore, the decision to was made to end support completely, versus just having seemingly sporadic consistency in its connectivity.

In your case, you can still upload your workouts to your PC/Mac with the CONNECT adapter.

Regards,

Soccer02

Your miCoach Team

• |
      • |

Hi,

i've bought a speed cell bluetooth and a HRM bluetooth to connect with my new iphone 5s : the HRM connects in a moment but the speed cell doesn't work : it seem that the app trying to find the ant adapter (not needed for the bluetooth and not plugged in of course) before look up the new sensor (this not done when search the HRM)

How can connect the speed cell to the iphone's micoach app ??

Thank's for the kind reply

Mapa67

• |
        • |

Dear mapa67,

the current version of miCoach App does not support a SPEED_CELL BTLE. But this feature will be available in the near future. Most probably from next update.

Cheers,

Born2ruN1983

Your miCoach Team

• |
          • |

Fine, i'll wait ...but there is a way to test if the speed cell isn't broken ? it's new (bought 3 days ago)

Bye

Marco

• |
            • |

Hi mapa67.

Yes.  Download the free micoach multi-sport app.  The BTLE SPEED_CELL will work with that.  So if you go out for run with your HRM using the micoach general app or just playing a match of football, etc., after you are done, synch with the multi-sport app.  NOTE - make sure to go into settings first and link the SPEED_CELL to the multi-sport app.

Good luck!

Cheers!

andy_martini

• |
              • |

Hi Andy - can you tell me if the BTLE Speed_Cell is now comapitble with the mi-coach app?  Has there been an update??  I'm still using my ant+ connect Speed_Cell with iPhone 4S but looking to move to a 5S (and to use Bluetooth for better reliability) - don't want to purchase the BTLE Speed_Cell until it works with the Mi-coach app.

Thanks

• |
                • |

No it should still work

The app has been updated today. The BTLE should work fine now with iPhone 5 and 5s.

Hi guys,

Sr2154, the SPEED_CELL™ Bluetooth® Smart (BTLE)  is not yet compatible with the miCoach mobile app, but we're planning to release an app update very soon that will enable this. Turn on the App Store notifications in your mobile phone and keep watching our Support Blog, there we'll keep the community informed.

Let us know any further questions,

MissTennis1

Your miCoach Team

Hi MissTennis1 and others,

Starting from today the SPEED_CELL BLTE is compatible with the miCoach Mobile app. Good news!

I haven't used it yet but my SPEED_CELL BTLE is connected to the app,

Hi guys,

ferryvandam is correct. We have just released a new version of the miCoach mobile app for iOS that supports the SPEED_CELL™ Bluetooth® Smart. Please go to the App Store in your mobile devices and update the app. Then turn on the Bluetooth of your devices and pair the SPEED_CELL™ under Settings > Sensors.

Cheers,

MissTennis1

Your miCoach Team

So basically since I have an iPhone 5 and 5S in my household I have to buy a new HRM?  It's hardly been used, that's pretty upsetting to say the least since we haven't had it very long.  I'll think twice before purchasing an upgraded MiCoach and look at other options.  Really disappointed considering we're an Adidas household...

We also upgraded to the 5S and need the new CONNECT Dangle for our Speed Cells......I called the 800 number and the service rep told me that the CONNECT Dangle for 5S was sold via Apple.  I have yet to find it.  Anyone know if this exists?  Cheers!

• |
                          • |

You can always try ebay.  They might be there.

The problem isn't with Adidas in this case, but the fact that Apple changed the pin adapter to incorpoprate the lightning pin adapter.  Apple's policy is to keep it's OS, design, etc private even from it's store employees.  So, Adidas wouldn't have been told (also, if Apple had to tell every vendor making products that it was changing something, the world would know every Apple product ahead of time - not to mention the sheer task of trying to let everyone know).

Adidas actually did a smart move in developing a device that will never require an adapter again.  Also, Apple's converters for the lightning pin never quite worked (not just for Adidas but a lot of other vendors).

I know it sucks.  But as I said, you can try ebay.  But it will be buggy.  Better to spend the money on a BTLE HRM.

Cheers!

andy_martini

• |
                            • |

Hi MissTennis1 and others,

My SPEED_CELL is not compatible with the miCoach Mobile app. even i update my app.!

Please help

• |
                        • |

What version OS and phone?

It needs the latest version of Bluetooth.  For example, it will work on iPhone 4S and above, but not the regular 4G or below. 

I don't know about the other phones.

cheers!

andy_martini

Hi chingcy,

Yes, could you please provide the information andymartini is asking you so we can suggest further steps for you? As he correctly said, the SPEED_CELL™ Bluetooth® Smart will work on iPhone 4S and higher with iOS 6 and up. Also, if you have the miCoach app for Windows Phone 8 and your mobile phone is Bluetooth® Smart compatible, it should work.

Let us know!

Regards,

MissTenis1

Your miCoach Team

Hi MissTennis1 and others and andymartini

My phone is Iphone 5S IOS version is 7.0.6

please help.

It should work.

I would change the battery first.  Trust me, this is something out of Adidas control because of manufacturing processes and time from Adidas to the store shelf.  9 out of 10 times on the boards this resolves the issue.  It's a CR2032 watch battery and they are about $2 USD.  You can typcially find them at any place that sells batteries (grocery, watch store, etc).

However, if you change the battery and it still isn't pairing with the app then you should contact Customer Service (under the CONTACT US tab on this page). You can call or email and they will guide you to the answer.  But try the battery first.

Cheers!

andy_martini

Dear Andy_martini

Thanks for your help

now i find out my equipment should be a Stride Sensor since that is black color not green, am i right ?

if that is true then before i can use it at iphone 4s with connect adapter and working well.

Can i use Stride Sensor at iphone 5s or i need to buy a new speed cell or speed cell BTLE ?

Thanks

Ultimately you will know if you look on the back and see the Bluetooth logo (two triangles on each other) or the ANT+ logo (a big circle with two little circles attached, like an H2O atom) which had a connector that you attached to your phone.

If you have the bluetooth version you are fine.  If you have the ANT+ version you have two options.

1) Buy a 30pin adaptor so you can plug in your connector.  NOTE - this can be buggy and not always reliable and is not supported by Adidas because it's really a stop gap that Apple developed to help with transition to the smaller lightning adaptor.

2) buy a SPEED_CELL BTLE.  Yes it means a new device and spending the money, but depending on how much you used the previous SPEED_CELL, if you divide the cost by number of uses, it may be a good value in the long run.

Hope this helps!

cheers!

andy_martini