Juanacosta92
Posted by

Does anybody know if you purchase the pin adapter for the iphone5 if it will work and sync with the app?

31 Replies

Latest reply: 1,395,129,527,946 by chingcy
  • Url to reply

Re: iPhone 5 and speedcell ????
    jessgsd

Same question for Adidas Heart Rate Monitor? Do we need an adaptor? Will the adaptor work? Or will there be a new Connector for iPhone 5 released? Or perhaps a new device that works through bluetooth only?

Thanks,

Jess

• Url to reply

RocknRun15

HI Guys,

Currently, the CONNECT is not compatible with the iPhone 5.  The pin adapter might work for some people, but it is not officially compatible. 

@jessgsd, yes, you need to have a CONNECT dongle in order to use either the heart rate monitor, the stride sensor or the SPEED_CELL. 

Right now we do not have any further info but when we get any updates, we'll announce them pronto.

regards,

RocknRun15

• Url to reply

jhstroebel

I have wondered this same question and this seems to be the only place that provides any information.  We need a solution to this issue if the adapter doesn't work...  The worst part if it doesn't work is that it is impossible to buy the usb connect solution without rebuying the speed cell here in the US, so we'll be dead in the water (and past interactions with support have gotten me nowhere on dealing with any of these issues).

As for the adapter, mine will be here today and I will test speed_cell functionality and report back as soon as I have a chance to try it.  Lets hope it works!

• Url to reply

ratherbeinmaui

I have not used my Speedcell in some time and used to sync with an iphone 3gs (successful most, not all, of the time) just bought a new battery for it and tried to sync with my iPhone 5, though the short adapter... NO GO... can't even get the device to pair with the 5!  I've tried the soccer app, the micoach app, the running app (all successfully synced/paired in the past), and the multi sport app.  Unsuccessful on all.  No reply from support!  Adidas = frustration!

• Url to reply

Soccer02

Hi ratherbeinmaui,

Thanks for reaching out regarding this topic.  As for your case with support, they have contacted you since the writing of this post.  Just wanted to clarify this for other users out there regarding the use of the iPhone 5(S)&(C) and the Lightning adapter.

​After the latest multi-sport app update (2.0.2) the combination of miCoach CONNECT + Apple Lightning adapter for SPEED_CELL™ ANT+ used on iPhone 5 (or 5S, 5C, iPod 5G, iPad 4 or iPad mini) won't be recognized anymore by the multi-sport app. This is an expected behavior.

The compatibility with the Lightning adapter was never 100%.  Therefore, the decision to was made to end support completely, versus just having seemingly sporadic consistency in its connectivity.

In your case, you can still upload your workouts to your PC/Mac with the CONNECT adapter.

Regards,

Soccer02

Your miCoach Team

Answered by miCoach