12 Replies LAST POST: Feb 26, 2014 3:19 AM by brandicted Override: None

Running Shoes

Let's us share about shoes, not only expensive ones. Any recommendation?

• |
  • Re: Running Shoes

Currently got a pair of Mizuno Wave Creation 10 and i like them as far as more traditional running shoes go, somewhat sore Achilies at the moment though hence the change to a new shoe or possibly move to splitting mileage between two shoes. Just ordered a pair of Nike Free Run + and have seen them them and await my new pair, initial impression of the Nike Freerun + was it was super light and felt very comfortable but until i do some miles in them i won't really know.. Wanted to try out a transition to the barefoot run style shoes and see how it goes.

asics gel kayano 15, perfect shoe for me, 633 km so far, so even if expensive, now already less than 20 cents per km

I wear Adidas Cushion 18,quite good for the heavier runner.

For off road i use Nike Air Alvord IV,also quite good for thu bigger guy.

Predomiantly running on trails so when it gets wet and muddy I have Supernova Riots. When it is damp or anything drying I am running in adiZero Ace. The weight difference is decent and I can also see that in how much easier it feels to run with the lighter shoes

• |
      • |

I wear Nike Vomero 5 for longer runs and they have great cushioning, although a little of the expensive side.  I also use mizuno wave rider 13 for faster and shorter running days, they fit very nice and are quite light.

Personally, I'm a hyper-pronating runner and I've got the Nike+ "Bowerman Series" Structure Triax 11 which I find amazing, they're very light, shock-absorbant and comfortable. I have around 300K on them and they're like new (although they dirty quickly). The slight inconvenience with these shoes are that in cold wether they'll chill quickly and they'll let in water fairly quickly if it's pouring hard but they work so well for me I don't care

My favorite shoes are Mizuno Musha Wave 2. They are extremely light and soft. They feel like gloves on your feet.

My husband and I did lots of research on what shoe to purchase to use for running.  We had the Asics in mind, but after trying them on, we couldn't stand the way they felt.  We were slightly discouraged UNTIL....We spotted the Adidas Marathon 10.  When we tried them on, it was instantaneously agreed that this was the shoe for us!  We both purchased a pair.  We then created our miCoach profile and we have began our workout with miCoach.  I am so excited for my shoes, and the best part was the price.  Reg on $79.99 and mine were on sale for $60.00 while my husband got his for merely $50!!!

I wear the Asics Gel-Nimbus 12s. I love them they are very comfortable, and I have been getting the Gel-Nimbus since the 8s. I usually log  500-800 miles on them and they stand up pretty well.

• |
    • |

i just love to wear Nike Free 5.0 because of these pros.

• Great upper fit,
    • Well cushioned underneath,
    • Flexible ride

regard    

• |
    • |